Monday, November 2, 2009

In blood

I don't think any of us have recovered enough to actually write about our Haunted Halloween, but I'm going to try. The night is still sketchy in my head.

As usual, we all went to Starr's Monster Mansion. A few of us have backgrounds in theatre and when we put on a show...it is out of this world. And this year, there were monsters behind every door. Some were real, some were not but they all looked amazing. Peace is one hell of a make-up artist when she wants to be.

The band this year went by the name Careless. (Since it wasn't their real name, I got permission to put it in here.) They were flawless and kept us all dancing for most of the night. About half way through the night they did a tribute to Speed. It was so fucking cool. (Speed - they played "Carvin'" and you would have loved it.) I think Starr has it on dvd.

The night got bloody sexual after that (literally). I wasn't all that innocent...actually, none of us were. And like we all promised Speed, we all crashed at Starr's. When I woke up the next afternoon it took all I had to convince myself that I wasn't walking through a mass murder scene. It was a great night but without Speed, it was just a night. We missed you like mad, babe. (I sent you tons of pictures.)

I hope everyone had a safe Samhain.

1 comment:

surfxracer said...

I love the way you guys try to make me feel bad for leaving. But I had to and you know that as much as anyone. Tell Sierra I said thanks for the tribute (Starr sent me the video) and that I am truly proud. LYMY, Dimes. Worse than mad...