Monday, December 29, 2008

Beautifully Shaking

It was night three of the Christmas Beach Party. Starr's house was beautiful. The lights, the ocean, the women, the laughter.
Laney had been acting strange all day. My gift to her was an amazing tattoo, done by Rob. I told her to get anything she wanted. It was music notes and drum sticks and...my name that she wanted. It was absolutely beautiful.
We arrived at the party and she wouldn't let me go. I didn't mind, like I said, she is the only one I've been with since I met her. And honestly, she was the hottest women there.
Somewhere toward the end of the night, she asked me to walk with her along the beach. We left our shoes on the deck and walked along the ocean's edge. Star's were showering us with their light and the waves were like music to our ears. We stood for a while, my arms wrapped around her from behind, just watching the waves crash. She told me she wanted to tell me something, so we walked away from the shore so we could hear each other.
She was shaking, I remember, so I gave her my jacket. But it didn't stop her shaking. She kissed me with so much passion, I now believe in the knees getting weak saying. I felt it. I asked her what she wanted to tell me.
She says, "I want you to know...that I'm in love with you," in a purr just inches from my lips, staring into my eyes.
I had never been so scared to death in my life. And when the words of love I spoke passed through my lips, my body trembled. I told her that I was in love with her too and she smiled through her tears.
I thought that what was happening between us before was what making love was...but I was wrong.
It was like we were touching each other for the first time. Everything felt brand new. She tasted sweeter. The kisses were deeper. There was an absolute meaning behind everything we did. And...we became the ocean and the stars and the wind and the sand beneath us as we moved into each other.
She held my heart and soul in her hands and I know she was just as scared as I was. And it was beautiful. She was beautiful. We were beautiful.
Oh, yeah...life is beautiful. Beautifully.

1 comment:

Starr said...

Jesus, Dimes. I had no idea you could write like that. We should talk.