Friday, March 27, 2009

Glimpsed Rewind

Laney comes back from tour in ten days. Count them with me. 1...2...3... Its going to be ten excruciating days.

I think the last I wrote, I was going to surprise her at a few of her shows. The first one I showed up at was in Athens, Georgia. Some dive that I can't remember the name of. I stood in the corner and watched my girl do her thing. God, how I love to watch her. She looked as beautiful as ever up there beating the shit out of those drums. Except, one thing was missing. Her sexy ass smile.

When her set ended, they all made their way backstage. I snuck past the militant psycho guard guy and waited in the shadows. I nearly jumped out of my skin when my cell rang. It was her. She sounded so sad, my heart was breaking with every word.

Laney: Hey baby. I miss you.
Me: (I was staring right at her, she was sitting against the back wall smoking a cigarette) I miss you too. How was the show?
Laney: I think we did okay. (She closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.) I really have no idea how we did. It was like I was going through the motions but I really wasn't here.
Me: Well, where were you, baby?
Laney: (A smile consumed her face as she held her eyes closed tight.) I was with you. On the beach behind Starr's house. And you were telling me that you love me.

As she kept her eyes closed, I moved through the crowd and knelt down beside her. I closed my phone and whispered, "I love you," in her ear.

She knocked me to the floor with her hug and kiss and I knew I made the right decision.

I stayed with her until the end of last month. And this has been the longest month of my life. Starr, Speed...I'm thinking of asking her to move in with me. What do you two think?

No comments: