Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Our World

I think we were all a little scared to write anything after Starr's post. None of us had any idea. We all spent the last day trying to doctor the old wound we made her tear open.
Starr is fine though. Or at least she's pretending to be. I think we were all more tore up about her story than she was telling it. It actually made me cry for the first time in years. Bruiser and Peace are still with her though, just in case she's not as okay as she wants us to think.
Starr knew we would all show up at her house after reading that. She knew we'd ask questions. She had all the letters and journals sitting on her coffee table waiting for us.
There were so many journals. We only read the last one. Starr said she knew every book by heart. She lived it so I'm sure she does.
From what we read, Skylar was an amazing woman. She struggled daily but Starr lit up her life. Starr made her life more than livable but in the end, Skylar felt like she was somewhat of a burden. Like she was holding Starr back from really living her life, even though she said that Starr never complained. She had stopped taking her meds, she said, because she wanted to have a normal life with Starr. According to what the doctors wrote, the withdrawal from the meds was most likely what caused her to commit suicide.
I have a new respect for Starr. She is stronger than I could ever hope to be. I still hate to see her alone but I have a new understanding of why.
I think we all learned a little bit about love and I think there might be a few changes in all of us. Maybe even me. I feel like it brought us all a bit closer too.
I love you Starr. We all love you. Thank you for being our rock but remember, you can lean on us too. Always remember that.

No comments: