Friday, November 28, 2008

times

So I get home yesterday from visiting Ash and Candy at the hospital. I walk into my dining room and there is a huge Thanksgiving meal on my table. I'm talking turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, hot rolls, etc. It was all there. And hot too. The table is set for seven. For some reason I couldn't think of seven people I knew.
I search my house. I find no one. Not a soul.
So I'm thinking that its some kind of practical joke. That maybe the meal is fake or something. I go over to the turkey and get a spoonful of stuffing. I smell it. I poke it with my finger. Seems real, so I eat it. Yep...real.
I'm clueless as to who made the meal or why the table was set for seven. So I sat down and poured me a glass of wine, thinking...all this good food and its getting cold.
For some reason, I just couldn't touch the food. It looked great, smelled even better, but all I could do was stare.
After about five minutes of me staring, all the girls walk in the front door...with Candy.
Seems Bruiser and Walker had a bust day cooking and Candy had to keep me at the hospital until they were done. Good times.
All the girls were there along with Maggie (Peace's girl) and Val (Walker's girl). It was great and totally unexpected. And the food was amazing.
Thanks to all of you...my family.

No comments: