Friday, December 19, 2008

Continued...

On to Bruiser.
I was once a believer that love could conquer all. Not much so anymore. In Bruisers situation, I'm not sure it would be the best advice to give her...going back to Amber. The details that she gave us all in person (too much to put in here) were very violent.
Maybe, just maybe, Amber is getting the proper treatment for her alcohol addiction. That doesn't mean that her drinking was the reason for her abusive behavior. I'm not completely discrediting it. Alcohol does effect everyone differently and people have been documented losing complete control of knowing what was right or wrong, but...she knew what she was doing. When she sobered up, she saw what she did to Bruiser. Whether she knew she was doing it at the time or not...we will never know for sure. We have to believe her words. I personally will never be able to believe a word that woman says. Help or no help, she could have stopped her abusive actions years ago.
Love should have been enough to get her to get help...in my eyes. But it took way to long, so I recommended that Bruiser stay clear of her.
Its true, people change but I love Bruiser and I couldn't handle watching her have to go through the heartache of losing Amber again if she didn't change. I want Bruiser to be happy and uninjured.
I know she will do what her heart tells her too. Bruiser has a very good head on her shoulders. I will still love her if she goes back to Amber but I will be watching like a hawk. If I see one unexplained bruise or scratch, I will have to do something. Or at least say something. I know that what goes on between them is none of my business, but, being the ring leader, Bruiser will come to me anyway. And if anything goes wrong, I will be there.

No comments: