Friday, December 19, 2008

Phone Calls

Looks like things are starting to get back to normal. My life of solitude is never lonely, that's for sure. I'm glad the girls write in here before they call me. Because when I do get their phone call, I know that they have already thought whatever they might be troubled by, in a dilemma about, through.
Take Peace. She's got a good one. What do you do when the one person that you actually loved and had been missing for years, walks back into your life? Obviously, that wouldn't happen in my situation. But I had to put myself in her shoes. She has Maggie. A very patient and understanding woman who is clearly really into her. Then she has Kay. The one girl she was in love with. It wasn't their fault that they were ripped apart like that. It wasn't their fault that Kay was sent away. And now, Kay is grown up and can make her own decisions. And she still loves Peace. What do you do?
I told Peace that she needed to search her heart. That only she knew what was right for her. I gave her some questions to think about. Did she still love Kay? Did she love Maggie? How did it make her feel to run into Kay after all the years had gone by? Peace cried for a while. This situation is really tearing her up. Understandable.
Dimes, on the other hand, is experiencing something that many people spend their entire lives chasing. Love. I explained to her that, love for the first time, would be the most amazing experience but could also be the most painful experience. I told her to take her time and really feel the full effects of every emotion. That there was nothing to be afraid of because if she loved and lived happily ever after or loved and lost, it would still be the most amazing experience, despite the pain.
Of course this wasn't all I told them but its the gist of it all.
Bruiser is another story all together...but one that I will have to write about when I get back from my errands. Until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your endless wisdom, Starr.