Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wrap up

The Christmas night parties were completely outrageous. Put it this way...there are still people here trying to sober up. (Well, from last nights party and tonights party is about to start. Hey, its a tradition!) We all missed Candy, but she is where she needs to be right now.
I won't say exactly where, but I do live on the beach. And in my back yard there are sand dunes (kind of) before you get to the ocean. The funniest part of the night was when we all tried to snow board the sand dunes. If I remember correctly, Walker actually made it all the way down. At least I think it was Walker. Christmas in Florida...we made the best of it.
I talked with my grandmother for the first time in maybe fifteen years. She called me out of the blue. At first I thought that someone was trying to fool me into thinking it was her. (I had already started drinking *shrug*.) But it was really her.
We talked for over an hour. I sobered up real quick. She says she wants to be back in my life. Her and my parents disowned me when they found out I was a lesbian. Actually, all of my family disowned me and they did the same to the Aunt who took me in.
And when my Aunt died, not one of them showed up to her funeral. They didn't even send a card nor return my calls to acknowledge my sadness. They were downright rude and cold.
So when she asked if she could be in my life, I first said no! Hell no! (I was drunk, mind you.) I asked her why now? After all these years, why does she want to be a part of my life? She said that she never wanted to not be a part of my life. She said that grandpa wouldn't let her reach out to me. And that's when she told me that he died...six months ago. And she had been trying to find me ever since.
I also found out that I'm an aunt. My youngest brother has two boys and my sister has three girls. I can't really blame my brother. He was so young when I left and I knew he didn't understand what was happening. But my sister was older than me by a year. If she wanted to, she could have found me as soon as she left the grip of my parents.
So there is really a lot to write about this conversation. I'll save it for later. Tonight is part three of the Christmas party and the guests are arriving. But I will explain...hopefully when my head isn't so scattered.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments: